Thursday 3 February 2011

Box filled with love

I gave this to my Mum recently as a wee gift.   Its basically just a box which I gift wrapped and put a ribbon on with a poem attached.   Tim asked me to pass him a bucket when I showed him it.   Im a bit of a soppy one sometimes and know its a tad cheesy (well maybe more than a tad) but she really loved it!  

The poem reads:

This is a very special gift
That you can never see
The reason it's so special is
...It's just for you from me

Whenever you are lonely
Or even feeling blue
You only have to hold this gift
And know I think of you

You never can unwrap it
Please leave the ribbon tied
Just hold the box close to your heart
It's filled with love inside

xxx

11 comments:

  1. Oh men, they just don't get it do they? I think your box is lovely and a wonderful gift. Love the poem xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not cheesy if you mean it! I gave one of these to my MIL 20 years ago & she's still got it! Brilliant for Mothers Day gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's loveley, I have one of these from my Mum. There is another version where you put stuff inside with another poem if they can't help but open it.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Claire - Men don't have a clue do they!! tina x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's wonderful, Claire! Another blog friend of mine just sent one to me to share with my friend Sandy, who is dealing with cancer. Men! They just aren't wired like us, eh?

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwww that's lovely Claire. Looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how lovely, I think I'll have to make one for my mum, although I'm sure it would make her cry! (in a nice way that is!)
    Sally
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really lovely< I have one I got from a friend :)

    twinkle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have received one many years ago and it was a simple yet so lovely a gift. I lost mine in a house move but never forgot the warmth generated by the gift and make some for treasured friends when they need just a bit of TLC.

    ReplyDelete